Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend Update - Canadian Vertigo Strikes!

You may have noticed that I haven't posted for a few days. As a result, this post will be a fingersnap-quick recap of my days since the Great Snow Day of 2011.

Thursday
Snow day! Game day! Amazing day! In the cafeteria, we played Bananagrams, Clue, Scrabble, and Phase10. Later, Becca and I wandered over to Maile's apartment, where we played Settlers of Catan and gossiped for hours. Quite possibly the best snow day ever.

Friday
This day was dedicated to homework. How boring. However, I did make it over to the Pit again, where Maile bought me my first shot. It had a naughty name and made me cough like a pack-a-day smoker, but it was a threshold to be crossed.

Saturday
This was a day of more homework. If I remember correctly, I spent eight hours reading and writing, and celebrated my hard work by playing Truth or Dare with a bunch of Canadians. Later on, we went sledding!

Sledding was fabulously fun until the trauma of the night: one thwack on the head, and vertigo struck.

Vertigo is so debilitating that I remember very little of what happened after I hit my head. I remember being hauled into the building by a pair of strapping Canadian gentlemen, and I was moved from bed to bed for the rest of the evening so I could be part of the group activities. Beyond that, I remember no details. Except one.

Everyone was so unbelievably kind. People carried me around, brought me water, asked after my well-being, and generally babied me for the rest of the night. I've known most of these people for only a few weeks, and yet they treat me like a life-long friend. I would've done the same for them without a moment's hesitation, but it was still one of those nights that restores your faith in humanity.

For reference, I made a full recovery!

Sunday
Homework. Boring. However, I did get to have a Girl Night with Becca for the first time in a while, filled with trashy television and girly gossip!

Vertigo aside, a fantastic weekend. And I promise I won't neglect my posting again! Keep reading!

Love,
Maggie

2 comments:

  1. I saw your tweet and rushed over to read your post! I'm so sorry vertigo struck but I am THRILLED that you have such good friends and I know that you are in good hands. How sweet!

    Hope you are feeling better and the talks with your professors go well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laura! The professors were very understanding. Apparently there's a prof on campus in another department who has similar issues, so they knew I wasn't making it up!

    ReplyDelete