Friday, January 21, 2011

Field research: preview

I'm making a big leap tonight, guys. For the very first time in my life, I am going to a bar.

Okay, maybe it's the campus bar, called The Pit. And maybe it's a school-sponsored event that involves neon sunglasses. But still. It's a bar.

I have no idea what to expect. I've never ordered a pitcher of beer or a $3 shot. My dancing experience is limited to Augie's Back Alley, high school prom, and the passenger seat of my friend Emily's CRV. I don't know what to wear, how to style my hair, whether I should bring a purse, a camera, a jacket. My trusty friend and fellow field researcher Becca asked a friend back home for input, and he recommended cowboy boots and a hat. He, however, is in Montana, so we're not heeding his advice.

Instead, we're wearing the new flats we got at Walmart today and the fanciest shirts we can find in our modest wardrobes and following a group of sages (?) for a night of fun and frivolity.

You may remember from earlier posts that I have never been intoxicated. Fear not, dear readers, for I have no intention of experiencing that tonight. This is purely research.

And maybe an excuse to wear neon sunglasses.

I'm crossing a threshold tonight, folks. Come back tomorrow for a report. And wish me luck.

Love,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment