Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rain, rain, go away... you too, swollen eyelid.

The inevitable has happened. I wound up at the nurse's office.

Don't worry, it was nothing tragic. No vomiting, no stomach pain, no alien offspring bursting violently through my sternum. Just a little eye pain that mutated into severe swelling this morning. The on-campus nurse says it's nothing to worry about, but I'm not allowed to wear contacts until it goes away. Time to break out the ol' CostCo glasses and prepare for a few days' worth of sexy librarian/secretary/school girl jokes.

I look really attractive, too - that is, if you're into twenty-year-old English majors who appear to have shoved Skittles under their eyelids.

In other news, the weather on the island is nasty once more. After even more snow on Monday, we enjoyed a rare day of meteorological calm on Tuesday. This morning brought freezing rain and a promise for more foul weather - see the article here. As I write this, I'm watching out my window as people sprint across campus to avoid the onslaught. Extreme precipitation turns even the toughest of islanders into Usain Bolt.

Not much else to report. I have French homework for the first time since arriving here and received a package in the mail from my mommy yesterday. None of my Canadian friends have moms who send them stuffed lemurs in the mail, so I'm feelin' pretty cool. My raincoat came, too. Good timing, Mom!

Breakfast time! Keep reading!

Love,
Maggie

1 comment:

  1. There should be a second small package with your dividend from Grandma and the other small item we discussed. Let me know if it doesn't get there!!

    ReplyDelete