Sunday, January 2, 2011

An anecdote.

The day before the big day. I'll be on a plane in roughly fifteen hours.

How about an anecdote to soothe the inevitable nerves?

I've been emailing Doug, who is the housing coordinator at CBU. He assigned me to a room in Harriss Hall, which boasts very cool environmental technology and solo bedrooms. I assumed I would have my own bedroom (I was right) and share a bathroom with the other girls on my floor (I was wrong).

It turns out that the bedrooms come in adjoining sets: two people have their own bedroom, and share a bathroom. Now, this is very cool for someone who has been sharing a bathroom with thirty-odd people since the fall of 2008.

Doug recently sent me an email marked "urgent," which told me I was being switched to another room several doors down. He wanted to make sure I was aware of the change for when I checked in. When I asked why, he explained: he had accidentally assigned me to a room that shared a bathroom with... a guy.

Oops!

Never fear, dear readers. Everything's in order: I am registered for classes, flights, hotel stays, and bus trips, my belongings are 95% packed, my spiffy new backpack is full of entertaining and soothing travel tools, and my pseudo-roommate has two x chromosomes. All is, as I keep telling myself, well.

Next time you hear from me, I'll be in Canada!

Love you all, and keep reading!

Maggie

P.S. Happy New Year! Let's dance, 2011!

1 comment:

  1. Good bye, buddy! You shall be missed. Just remember to duck when we decide Canada is our enemy ;P.

    ReplyDelete