Sunday, March 20, 2011

What I've Been Up To

I haven't written in a while. My apologies. Here's a quick recap of what I've been up to.

1. I'm going home in a month. I'm trying to wrap my head around it. I have every intention of returning in the fall for another semester, assuming I can work it out. However, there are still quite a few people to whom I will have to say goodbye. I'm in denial. Severe denial.

2. St. Patrick's Day! This holiday is a way, way bigger deal here than it is in the Midwest. I've never seen so much green in my life. I spent a fantastic night at the Pit, and I don't think I've ever had so much fun dancing in my life! They played regular club music along with Great Big Sea and other folk favorites, which gave us the excuse to clap, stomp, jump around, and holler at the top of our lungs. A truly fantastic night.

3. Getting sick. This is the not-fun part of my recent activities. Friday evening, I threw up all over the hallway in my friend's apartment building and spent the next several hours on the floor of my bathroom. I can now cross "spend eleven hours studying the internal acoustics of a Canadian toilet" off my bucket list. For the record, there was no alcohol involved in my malady, and I am feeling much, much better. I still have very little energy, but I'm on the slow road to recovery.

Not much else to report, other than a lot of homework. More now that I spent one of my allotted homework days lying in bed, watching movies, drinking Powerade, and nibbling crackers. Anyway, I'll hopefully do something exciting enough to take pictures at some point.

Keep reading!

Love,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment