Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Touring CBU: my bedroom

I've been in Canada for well over two months now, and none of you have seen my room!

If you open the door to my room from the hallway, there is a small entryway. It's a square room, not even big enough to lie down, with three doors. The door to the right is Paula's room. She's my roommate. The door straight ahead is our bathroom. The door to the left is my room.

If you come in my door and turn left, this is what you see. This is my closet, laundry basket, and desk.

Here's a better shot of my desk. This is probably the only time it's ever been this clean. The flowers are fake, but they brighten up the room quite a bit. The calendar is, quite literally, the only thing on my wall, unless you count the mirror that comes standard-issue with the room.

This last image is of my bed and part of my window. It was snowing very heavily when this picture was taken, so you can't see out the window at all. However, it offers a prime view of the courtyard between the dorms and lets in a good deal of light when the sun is out. I've been teased several times for my tendency to sit in the sunbeam like a cat. It's a prime homework location!

I like my room. It's fairly simple, but I have no complaints. I do wish I could get my desk closer to the window, but alas...

I especially love having a private bathroom. My roommate and I have different schedules, so our shower times never conflict. Sharing with one other person is much easier than sharing with thirty-odd other people, like I did at Augie.

I'll miss this room when I go. I'll miss everything when I go.

Keep reading!

Love,
Maggie

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, it's a lovely room! <3 It is getting my hopes up for my room in Germany...!

    ReplyDelete