Saturday, February 5, 2011

Tight 'n Bright - it's not what it sounds like.

Last night was a theme night at the campus bar, called the Pit. In honor of Pride Week, we celebrated Tight 'n Bright, where everyone shoehorned themselves into the snuggest and shiniest get-ups they could throw together.

Becca and I spent the afternoon at the Mayflower Mall with Lauren and Candace. As is seen in this deeply stylish photograph, Becca went for plaid, whereas I chose the neon Peter Pan look. I doubt we'll ever wear those tights again, but I got enough compliments on my purple boots that they will definitely become a staple of my wardrobe.

Becca and I also bought alcohol for the first time yesterday. We both felt a little weird, but we're still very careful with our alcohol consumption. No inebriation from these American diplomats!

Here we have the deeply fabulous Tim. Tim grabbed the night by the hot pink horns and wore accessories to match. He deserved and won Tightest 'n Brightest Male for the evening, and has been showing off his gift card prize ever since. Well done, my friend.

When we got to the Pit, we saw tutus, leotards, and thigh-highs. One girl was wearing a homemade, technicolor, duct tape corset. A few guys wore tights like Tim's and skipped the shorts. I fear that no amount of psychotherapy will help the student body's collective conscience to recover from that image, but alas... this is Tight 'n Bright. There are no boundaries.

Altogether, another fantastic evening spent at the Pit. A touch of vertigo was the only wrench in the plans, and even that was manageable, what with my caring and considerate Canadian companions. And Becca, of course, who is a gift from the Oregon gods.

Homework today. Like that's new.

Keep reading!

Love,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment