Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'm in Halifax!

Hey gang! Sorry I haven't been posting recently, but I've been planning our trip to Halifax!

Currently, I'm sitting in the hotel room with Becca, relaxing after our looong car ride with Alysha. We're laying low tonight, but the fun begins tomorrow!

Here's just a sample of the things we're seeing:
We're also thinking about going to Peggy's Cove. And I guarantee we'll do a LOT of shopping.

This weekend, we'll spend some time with Julianne, who you may remember from my trip over. We'll hopefully see Tracey, too. On Tuesday, we'll be joined by Maile, Jaime, Stephen, and Daniel for a few days, and they're going to help me celebrate my birthday!

That's right, gang. I'm turning 21 on Wednesday, the 23rd. Like all birthdays, it feels a little surreal. This one will be especially interesting because I'm not in the states. Back home, the 21st birthday is a heavily ritualized drunkfest that celebrates your newfound freedom in the liquor store. Here, I'm already legal to drink, and I can't say I'm sad to miss out on that particular landmark. I'm more than happy to enjoy a fun dinner with friends and maybe a night dancing without imbibing enough alcohol to flood a bathtub.

I'll do my best to write every night and upload photos from our adventures. One thing's for sure: this will be a birthday to remember.

Keep reading!

Love,
Maggie

1 comment:

  1. Aaaah! I am sad that we cannot celebrate your birthday with you. Eat something divine and dance the night away. So glad there are friends there to help you celebrate! We love you, Margie!!
    Maman

    ReplyDelete