Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Ready or not...

Here I come...

And here we have it! The beginning of the Great White Blog about my Great White Adventures in the Great White North! Long story short, I'm off to Canada! I'll be on Cape Breton Island in Nova Scotia, where I will spend four months at Cape Breton University, a school numbering about 3,000 students. For a map, scroll down. All the way. For a list of my courses, take a peek to your right.

I'm merely four days away from my departure, in which I will board a plane, fly to New York, board another plane, fly to Halifax, stay in a hotel, take a bus to Sydney, take a cab to the university, and hopefully find someone to help me into my dorm, all while lugging two suitcases and trying to remember where I packed my toothbrush.

So yeah. I'm a little anxious.

Once I dive in, I'll be fine. I'm a people person and the polar opposite of shy, so leaping into a new culture sounds like my dream come true. It's all the opportunities for flight delays, overlooked reservations, and poorly timed vomiting that makes me nervous. For the curious, I have experienced at least two of these things on my last three trips. And the vomit wasn't always mine.

Until then, I'm creating an OCDesque travel itinerary, stuffing all of my Comfort Books into a carry-on, and packing my suitcases. Wish me luck, and keep reading!

Love,
Maggie

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sounds like a hectic trip! But I'm sure you'll be fine after a few days.

    Bonne chance !

    ReplyDelete